What does “force majeure” mean?

The force majeure clause means that mobility is interrupted for reasons beyond the student’s control, which forces to cancel the stay. In this case, the COVID-19 pandemic is considered force majeure. In cases where the destination institution cancels teaching, or circumstances occur that make it impossible to accomplish the mobility under normal conditions. It is especially considered a cause of force majeure in areas classified by SEPIE as risk zones. This cause applies if the stay has not exceeded the minimum amount that can be financed, or if it could not be started, but expenses have been incurred. In any case, from the Internationalization Office, we will take care to make the appropriate claims to the SEPIE. We will advise you then, to justify the expenses incurred “a posteriori”.

Can I go to the campus, to the library, to any class or activity organized by the university?

No. Until further instructions you must remain in your accommodation.

Is it allowed to have a meal in the campus canteen?

No. Meals will have to be taken at home or in your accommodations, being possible to buy them (take away) or ordering them for home delivery.

What are the sanity measures which I have to respect?

Hygiene and often hand washing with soap and water, especially after coughing, sneezing and touching Kleenex.
In case of not having soap and water, it is advised to use a hydro alcoholic solution.
You should avoid, to the extent possible, touching your eyes, nose and mouth with your hands.
You should cover your nose and mouth with a handkerchief when coughing or sneezing, and to throw it away immediately after using it. In case of not having a handkerchief, you should cough and sneeze in the inner part of the elbow in order to not contaminate the hands.

Is there any concrete recommendation which the university can provide during this alarm period?

In any case, stay calm, the preventive measures have been implemented in order to contain the spread of the virus.
Try to make your best for your academic performance using the ONLINE teaching tools.
The academic course goes on officially, hence we suggest that you carry on with your mobilities.

What possibilities are there to leave the house for recreational activities and exercise.

Recreational activities are restricted to the maximum within the state of emergency. The authorities will indicate what is possible and what is not possible. Sports activities are limited unless there are force majeure reasons that recommend doing them. In any case, it is advisable to call the public order authority and ask. To maintain muscle tone and psychological balance, it is recommended to do light exercises at home.

In the case of having anguish, depression or psychological disorders, what should I do?

Contact the nearest health service, local social services, or the psychological care offices of your university. Don’t wait to ask for help.

What are the current travel rules?

If your host country is not in a total lockdown, basically movements are always allowed within the territory. In any case, remember to consult the Ministry of the Interior’s website of your host country and take care to acquire official and updated information.

Where and when should I wear the mask or other personal protective equipment?

In all European Union Member States (except Sweden) the mask is mandatory both outdoors and indoors, when you are in places different from your own home, except in cases where continuous isolation is guaranteed by every person non-cohabitant.

Is sport and training allowed?

Yes, you can. If your host country is not in a total lockdown, sport and training are allowed outdoors. In any case, make sure that you can on the Ministry of the Interior’s website of your host country.

Can I keep a pet in the house or are there any dangers?

Yes, you can. Animals and pets can not infect people and are not a means of transmitting COVID-19.

Is it allowed to participate in cultural events or go to museums or cinemas?

No, until further instructions from your host country.

What is and how do I get the “green pass”?

The “green pass” is a certification that allows you to travel on national territory.
In particular, certificates shall be issued to certify one of the following conditions:
a) have completed the anti-SARS-Cov-2 vaccination;
b) be cured of COVID-19, with cessation of isolation;
c) carried out a rapid or PCR test with negative results to SARS-Cov-2 virus.
The “green pass” is issued in all EU member States.

Ripec CTA

S-DIY infopack

Are you organizing a debate event? Are you unsure on how to master the art of debating? Whether you are a young person who wants to challenge themselves or whether you are a professional in search of inspiration, here are the guideline you have been waiting for. Feel free to check them out: GUIDELINES