In 2023, the 28th Conference of the Parties on Climate Change (COP 28) will take place in Dubai from November 30 to December 23. This international conference will bring together the countries that are signatories to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, as well as climate stakeholders.
The Emirati presidency of COP 28 has expressed the desire to focus on the first Global Stocktake, energy transition, and solidarity between Northern and Southern countries.
What are the priorities for COP 28?
– Making the conference more inclusive and accessible.
– Supporting mitigation solutions to increase ambitions.
– Focusing on the conditions of the Global Goal on Adaptation and improving adaptation financing.
– Advancing the operationalization of the fund for losses and damages created at COP 27.
– Ensuring more equitable access to climate financing
But a question remains: will the COP meet expectations?
If you want to know more about it, check this: https://www.cop28.com/en/wcas